75100385

What is classed as subletting ? I am looking to rent a building

what is classed as subletting ?
I am looking to rent a building as my main warehouse space and offices but as its going to be larger than I need I might rent a space in the building . For security they have have a locked office
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why is it you want to know what sub letting is please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are a fast growing business ( dowsing and reynolds ) selling vintage industrial style lighting and we have grown out of our existing place very quick 1500sqft and have now found an old 1920s cinema that is perfect . Its 4500 sq ft so we will have extra room spare room . So I am toying over various ideas of how I can make the space work for us and there is possibilities to rent out areas for desk space or possible the whole upper tear
The agent has said if its not a sectioned off area is not subletting - ie like a hairdressers that rents a chair.
Essentially I would like to make it a creative hub and have businesses in there can help me with my business for low rent ?So what I want to know is clarity over what is subletting ? and if there is anything else to consider if I do thisHope this makes sense ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to add , the tenant said I cant sublet but I cant rent a space as long as its not a separate area as that will be subletting
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So the landlord says you can rent out if it's not separate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its what the agent advised , its not subletting if its not a separate area with its own entrance. So in terms of the law where do I stand ? if i rent a desk is that subletting ? or is it if i only build a brick wall and create there own entrance ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so. If you rent anything you are subletting even if it's a chair. This is because if there is any payment of rent for space, ie a chair occupies space, then it is subletting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiJust want a definitive answer on this, as the agent has stated that its not subletting if its desk? if you are unsure then prefer you to let me knowthanksJames
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No any exchange of rent is subletting