75100385

My landlord has not given me vacant possession of the house

Hi my landlord has not given me vacant possession of the house I'm renting-theres still a lot of his stuff outside that is hazardous to my children-can I quit my lease on these grounds>? been in 6 mmonths its a 1 year lease
and he is very intimidating to me when there is an issue with breakdown of heating and dishwasher -feel threatened at times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not able to sign in but did pay by paypal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my e-mail is *****@******.***
Paid £32 by paypal
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What has he done to intimidate you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi he was very condescending to me-whenever theres a legitimate fault he blames me-like when the boiler failed he accused me of running out of fuel-I had proof that it was not the case as the tank was full and I had just put in 300litres of fuel as it didn't need much and I had the receipt-also the dishwasher was faulty when I moved in which they told me about but it still worked to a lesser degree-it packed in so they replaced it-but when he was here he was really rude sayimg I had done something to it? in last couple of days my mum let my dog out of the conservatory door and the wind caught it snd the door slammed off the hinges -they are refusing to fix it-saying I havre to and they will not claim on the buildings insurance!! being very bullying in the way they deal with it and threatening-also I was supposed to have vacant possession when I got the house in 31st july but he has left dangerous things in the garden that he said wpould be removed within 2 weeks of me moving in-they are still there and I have 3 small children-can I break the lease?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also he leaves his ugly truck in my driveway without asking when he goes offshore for two weeks at a time-I pay £1300 month for this lease
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi is anyone there to answer tonight? quite stressed about it all
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What do you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
id like to quit the lease I think-and make them fix the door with no penalty to me -as a tenant I couldn't get buildings insurance which will cover this-so I think its the landlords responsibility not mine-the garage door is an internal not external door and because I left it open and it got rained on they say I must replace it-again it was not my fault I did not realise it was an internal door-the thing is I keep the place immaculate-I have very high standards-they have said by text the same -and they acknowledge I'm conscientious -they just don't like spending money at all -I think as no malicious or negligent behaviour on my part its down to them to fix.. as a single mum of 5 I simply cant afford a bill to replace a pvc door at £1000
I would like to break the lease too I think-and wondered if I can do on unreasonable behaviour by them-or the face the house has never been left to me in vacant possession-his dangerous stuff is still in the garden and he leaves his truch here without asking me for two weeks at a time-its ugly -I allowed them a reasonable time to move the remaining stuff, and their boat was here for the first 6 weeks too-which I agreed to-ive been very reasonable with them-even fixed the washing machine they left here as they refused!! ive removed stains from the carpets-put on door stops-replaced shower heads, and fixed a hole in the wall-they got window panes replaced and the glazier made a mess of the outside window frames-I got my painter to repair and fix for a very small fee-they would never have got anyone to do external painting at this time of year-and definitely would have been 3x the price-I feel ive gone the extra mile and they abuse me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was accidental damage caused by freak weather-the landlady said my mum was very stupid to open a conservatory door when its windy!! I feel its an external door and its reasonable to open an external door in any weather-in any case she didn't realise the wind was so strong-its been freak weather here.in fact he has two huge truck wheel arches here that got blown into the conifer trees-I couldn't even lift them to a safer place they are so heavy and the wind managed to blow them-and his bits of wood blew around the garden too-it was extreme wind. The landlord said the weather was never like that when they lived here-which is ridiculous-we are having extreme weather that we have never seen in this part of the world-clearly documented on the weather news, and they admit they know I'm very clean tidy and conscientious -they've been impressed at how i've kept the house and garden they now claim they will keep my deposit if they repair door.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. If you consider it to be a breach of such significance it destroys the essence of the contract you can end it. Therefore if is you can give notice and move out straight away.
But the longer you leave it between breach and ending, the hacker it will be to claim it's a significant breach.
Can I clarify anything for you today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so you think its grounds for terminating the lease? and can they take my deposit for the doors or not? one external door on garage is an internal door which I didn't know-it got rained on when open and came off as its chipboard inside and went soggy like Weetabix-the conservatory door blew off when it was opened to exit from (it opens outwards)
I feel it was not vacant possession I got and the truck being left is unreasonable too- I got pictures of the stuff left in the garden and the wheel arches that had been blown into the hedge-also my dad got blown off his feet that night with the wind at my house-and needed medical treatment-my neighbour also said she would testify that it was extreme winds that night
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
want to be certain as it will cost a lot of money to pay out the remaining lease especially if they keep my deposit
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I think you have ground and can end.
Does that clarify?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes thank you!