Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

And Happy New Year Alex!I hope you had a good Xmas break.Alex I hav

Customer Question

Hi and Happy New Year Alex!
I hope you had a good Xmas break.
Alex I have query regarding a situation with my flat that I am selling.
I've owned my flat (a first floor Victorian conversion) since Aug 2006 (leasehold) and have a buyer (a developer) who is purchasing it.
However during the buyer's inquiries, it has come to our attention that the loft airspace was sold off in June 2013 by the freeholder (Southern Land Securities) to a third party (Team Asset Properties).
I was never made of this transfer of deeds or offered first refusal. Is this legal?
Also as the loft can only be accessed through my flat, I'm not sure how Southern Land Securities were able to value and sell the loft space.
I've been trying to contact Team Asset Properties for 7 weeks to obtain a price to buy back the lease (as my buyer still wants the property but needs to know the leasehold price before going ahead), but to no avail, which makes me suspicious as to what has taken place and whether
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for asking me about this but sadly its out my area of expertise.
I will allow someone else to answer it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Alex,Thanks for you response.May I ask who will you pass this on to and will I have to pay again for it?Thanks and kind regardsFieldman Robinson
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
I have opted out so open to all my colleagues and no, you won't have to pay again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay thanks Alex.Do I need to do anything for a colleague to contact me or should I just wait for a response?Kind regards Fil
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Nicola,Thanks for your response. I'm happy to wait a little longer.Kind regards Fil
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Nicola,Thanks for your response and efforts. If you close the question will I be refunded?Kind regards Fil
Hello Fil,
Yes, if you would like to close the question we offer a refund - please confirm you would like me to process this.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Nicola,Please go ahead and close the question.Thanks and kind regards Fil