75100385

Some land next to our charity's railway line have Tree

Some land next to our charity's railway line have Tree Preservation Orders on them. They are not partiularly valuable trees just Ash trees planted 10-15 years ago for screening, They are impinging on our land both above and below ground and limit our ability to build on the land close to the fence.
As they are of little value, is it possible or likely that the order could be rescinded
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have you had a survey done yet please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, but when the person who owns the land tried to sell it a year ago, there was a suvvey done by an arborist and the plans show the trees and a dotted circle which extends under our land and almost under the rails of our railway. Certainly under a part of our property that we would like to build on.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would get a survey done as to the impact and assessment of these trees. You can then write to the Council and ask them to re-consider the decision.
If they do not then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They consider complaints by Councils at: www.lgo.org.uk