75100385

I am a council tenant in a 3 bedroom property, I have a secure

Customer Question

I am a council tenant in a 3 bedroom property, I have a secure tenancy agreement. the council( tamworth ) are suppose to be doing a re-generation of the area and have given me notice. however they say I am only allowed a 1 bed property. my question is have they the right to evict me.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you live on your own?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
with my partener
You need to check the tenancy agreement. But generally yes. This is because if there is going to be a redevelopment they have to apply to Court to evict you.
One of the grounds for eviction is indeed redevelopment. I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want tom give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you alex, it seems I am on a lost cause then. as they are only offering me a 1 bed flat that you cant swing a cat in I maybe better off renting private. would you agree
Yes sadly if its just you.
I am sorry. Does that help?
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/