Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My neighbour wishes to cut back foliage and branches from

Customer Question

My neighbour wishes to cut back foliage and branches from his bushes and trees which overhang my boundary fence.
I don't want this to happen.
He maintains that, as they are his property (true), he's entitled to cut back whatever he wants.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Do they over hang onto his property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The trees etc are on his land, growing adjacent to our boundary fence. He's having them all cut back on his side and wishes to cut my side back as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anybody there?
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'm here.
Yes, he is right. If they are on his side then I'm afraid they are his and he can do as he wishes.
That is always supposing that the roots are fully on his side of the fence. You seem to accept that they are.
If it were your foliage then that would be different.
Sorry if that is bad news but, come what may, what grows on his property belongs to him.