Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My name is ***** ***** I am a tenant in the property without

Customer Question

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a tenant in the property without tenant agreement. I have got only sign deposit agreement but that's all. The landlord as I find is not even registered in Landlord register or with HM Revenue at all. If I like to leave the property earlier that in one month. What I have to do? Thank you!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.
How much is your deposit and where is it held? How long have you been at the property?
As you do not have a tenancy all you need to do is give 21 days notice to vacate the property. I would not suggest that you try to leave earlier than this unless the landlord agrees this (and make sure all correspondence and agreements are in writing).
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. Please rate my response positively if you found it helpful - I will not be credited for answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you!