75100385

I have grazed my horses on private land years, now the

i have grazed my horses on private land for 15 years, now the landlord says he has sold the land and we need to remove the horses do i have any rights to the land
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Do you have any written agreement please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have 3 agreements over the last 15 years with the last one being more recent in 2014
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What does it say about renewal or termination please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
apart from the 2014 one that i never agreed to nor signed the other two were only about maintaining the land and fence i will send you copies of the contracts the first contract was with there the trusties uncle Ninian Eadie in July 2000 i have also sent you copies of the solicitors letters that i have just received from the trusties
many thanks neil
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Was a one month termination period agreed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no not with me but he says in the letter dated july 14 that he had a conversation we me but i never spoke to him nor every signed anything saying that i would leave within a months notice the first i heard about they sold the land was from mr tony huges(who is named in the letter and is also my neighbor) and told me not to say anything to paul that the land had sold .i hope documents that i sent you are off some help
many thanks neil
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you pay rent and if so how often?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i paid every 12 months to mr huges who then pasted in on to paul and then he put the rent up in the last two years and said that he wanted it every six months
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
How much notice have they given you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one month i should have been off on 10th jan they sent me a letter for me to sign saying that i would vacate the field i have sent you a copy of this please find attached
many thanks neil
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. When did you make last payment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
july 2014
thanks neil
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So in any event if its an annual agreement you should have paid in July 2015?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so sorry alex your correct my mistake i mean i payed in july 2015
thanks neil
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then you have until July 2016 before you have to leave. You dont have a right to renew and as such you will be required to leave, but not until July.
If you refuse they can only remove you with a Court order. But sadly there is no right to continuation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have been reading up on the internet the "grazing act of 1954" says that you can sercure tenancy on private land if your horses are used in a business which mine are this then it is classed as a agricultural tenancies (act 1995) there by giving me security of tenure for the occupier is this true? sorry for being a pain but it just seems for the time ive been on there i must have some rights
many thanks neil
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
There is no such Act
I am sorry.