75100385

I've had an on going leak problem with my flat since

Customer Question

I've had an on going leak problem with my flat since 9 Dec 2013!
The landlords, Grainger Plc have been in no rush to fix it and over the years have left me in a worse state than it's ever been.
I've managed to get some rent compensation from them, and they said they'll get the property fixed Jan/Feb - but every time I ask them for a set date they never know and are very vague - I'm at the end of my tether.
I'm really interested to know what my rights are and if there is a way to scare them into giving me a proper solid answer, it has been 2 years after all!
Thanks for your advice,
Julie
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you had a survey to see where the leak is coming from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, they have had surveys done, they knew from the beginning where the leak was, but have been trying to do 'quick fixes' to avoid the expense of doing it properly.2 Years later and much time wasted they have now agreed to do what they needed to do in the first place - I'm just worried that as it's a big expense they will take ages to sign it off. They said they'll have it fixed Jan/Feb, but are being so vague.Because it's been raining so much the leak is worse than ever... is there anything I can do if they don't stick to their word? Can I withhold rent after Feb?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did the survey say what needs to be done to fix it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have not shared the survey with me
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you want to claim compensation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi AlexDid you receive my message to arrange a call?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes when would be good to speak?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, anytime today is good for me.Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will call shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,I've just had an email, and they are now saying that they will only fix the flat late summer, when they originally said Jan/Feb (although annoyingly this was just on the phone and not via email so I don't have proof). As I said this has been going on for 2 years - when can I get the courts involved for this specific performance review? Is it worth me speaking to the court now?Thanks for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can and I would do this now.