LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

My letting agent advises me that my tenant is three months

My letting agent advises me that my tenant is three months in arrears and has vacated the property. Do I have a case against the letting agent who carried out credit checks on the tenant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The property is in Thetford, Norfolk.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience I will try to answer this for you.
It depends. What checks did he carry out? Did he fail to do anything that he was either contracted to do or that it would have been negligent not to do?
I take it this is not a guaranteed income type agency.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your prompt response! I'll get the info from them and get back to you shortly.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just heard the news from Thetford that the house has just been sold - to a cash buyer after only being on the market for 12 weeks, which is a great relief as the tenant had made a couple of minor alterations! I think it best, ***** ***** hang fire on this for, say, six weeks, until the sale has gone through and the cash is in the bank. Kind regards.
OK, I would be grateful if you would please rate my answer. This will not close the question and I will continue to answer follow up questions.