Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Is there some sort of charge i can put on a property to

Hi, Is there some sort of charge i can put on a property to warn potential lenders that the property is currently under dispute (ownership) and is going through the court process? Thanks House is in Wales

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat is the nature of the proceedings?Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sole Ownership of the property.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is the basis of the claim?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The basis is that the house was left to me in my fathers will. My father owned it but a few years ago needed a mortgage so as he was unmortgagable put the house in my brothers name. Since my fathers death my brother has stated it is his. I have mounts of documentation stating the fact he was put on the registry purely for motgage purposes and it was my dads house. I releaise the Mortgage will be another battle and will most likely have to pay it. I just want to stop him getting any further funding on it while this is in progress.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You can certainly Register your potential claim at the land Registry with a Unilateral Notice
Details here
http://www.irwinmitchell.com/about-us/newsletters/im-on-the-money/im-on-the-money-issue-two/unilateral-notices-exploding-the-myths
and here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notices-restrictions-and-the-protection-of-third-party-interests-in-the-register/practice-guide-19-notices-restrictions-and-the-protection-of-third-party-interests-in-the-register
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details