UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

We am moving home to set up a business 150 miles away in 2

Customer Question

We am moving home to set up a business 150 miles away in 2 weeks but have not sold our house. A local property management consultant has approached us and offered to take my house, he will rent it privately to business men working away from home. He says he will pay all the bills and restore any damage, returning the house to us at the end of the term of a minimum of 3 years (then can continue on rolling yearly basis) in exactly the same state as it came to us. He says he will guarantee tenancy. Any problems eg broken boiler, etc he will fix at his cost. He would charge approx a hundred pounds a month less than one of the estate agents but not charge a %fee. He says we will have a proper legal contract and offers to show us other houses he manages. He seems legit but how can we tell if this is a safe option
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
There is no way of guaranteeing that this is a safe option and often, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true.
Unless you personally know this person or unless the person has been referred to you by someone you trust, I would proceed with caution as this person will not be regulated.
I would advise you to use a letting agent who is a member of ARLA
http://www.arla.co.uk
Hope this helps