Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I erected a fence between a neighbour's garden and mine about

Customer Question

I erected a fence between a neighbour's garden and mine about 4 years ago. He has told me that there is some damage to the fence that he wants repaired as he has a valuable plant growing against iton his side. I erecteed the fence originally because he cut down every plant including an ancient 12 ft tall rhododendron between our two gardens leaving that part of my garden completely open to view.
He also wants me to cut down some fir trees (not Leylandii) in my garden, as they are growing and spoiling his view over our garden. I planted these trees to hide the back of a garden room he constructed a couple of years ago without planning permission and very close to my fence (about 24 ins away) My neighbour is a solicitor and a nice polite person but I do not want to cut my trees down nor can I afford to keep repairing the fence. He must know his rights. Am I obliged to do as he demands?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Is the fence damaged please?