75100385

We have recently (August) sold our old property and the buyer

Customer Question

We have recently (August) sold our old property and the buyer is claiming that we breached the contract. We agreed that we would pay some towards finishing off clearing the house and offered £1000 to cover costs doing this. She refused and is now claiming that we not only left a big mess but that things that were in good condition were broken and that we vandalised the heating system and boiler before leaving the property. The boiler was serviced two weeks before we moved out. Also that the garage door was broken after the exchange when it was clearly broken before her offer. She is charging in excess of £6000 for this including a new boiler. We are unsure what we can do but cannot afford anything, when agreeing to the sale we got her to go up £7k and think she is trying to get this back. Also we were only given less than two weeks to arrange the move due to her time scale and have lots of work to do on our new property that we were not aware of including a new boiler. We are unsure what to do next and have very little spare funds.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did they have an opportunity to inspect it themself before they purchased?
3777(7((t
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to know where we stand and what I need to do.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Generally there is nothing you need do. You are only liable if you knew and lied. Even if they didn't ask you, then even so you wouldn't be liable.
So you are not liable and you do not need to do anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So basically the fact that two thirds of their claim is totally erroneous and we declared everything in advance and made a reasonable offer for the stuff we were responsible for ie the rubbish we are not liable for much if anything.
I know I may sound dumb but I'm not legally in the know so need it as simple as possible. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct. You are not responsible whatsoever.