75100385

I paid the money months rent + deposit. Didn't sign

Customer Question

I paid the money for 2 months rent + deposit.
Didn't sign the lease or anything of the sort.
However was given keys before signing.
Upon moving in for the first night (still havn't signed) I discover that there is no heating.
Now I don't want to sign, but they want to keep deposit + the agency fee.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
This is breach of the landlord and tenant act. They must provide heating and hot water. So yes you can not sign and move out,
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
Alex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only issue is that they currently have my money. I'm more likely to move in before I take them to court or whatever. its just too much hassle. Also I forgot to mention that originally the price was higher, then they gave me a discount and later on (having paid 2 months rent etc) decided to bump up the price. I agreed via text before realising what this meant. Do they have any grounds to keep the funds assuming they fix the heating issue?
Ps I accepted the discussion via phone before I realised how full my day was tomorrow. So no need for that.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. No they can't keep the funds they must release it, they have breached the contract.