LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

My neighbor is saying the fence is 6" to far onto his property

hi my neighbor is saying the fence is 6" to far onto his property and wants his land back. we bought the property in good faith with fence as is some 15 years ago. As did my neighbor, only he has recently purchased his. has the fence got to moved or can l tell him to do one. he needs the land because they are going to build an extension, so want to remove the fence and replace it with a their new wall, this would mean the builder coming into our garden, removing the fence and letting our dogs roam their garden as well as ours
regards
Rob
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
What is his justification for saying this? Did your solicitor advise you on the extent of your boundaries when you purchased the property?
Even if he has some reason for his demand it is quite likely that you can claim te land as yours through adverse possession, ie squatter's rights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your advice. Presumably the builder can't remove the the fence or over hang my property either