Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am trying to buy a flat - a Victorian house split into two

Customer Question

I am trying to buy a flat - a Victorian house split into two flats - with a share of the freehold. my seller is willing to sell to me, but the freeholder of the other flat won't sign so that I can buy and he can sell to me. He has the freehold of my flat and she has the freehold of the other. Is this legal? Can he never sell this flat if she wont sign? Could I buy it without the freehold and try to buy it at a later date?
The garden had been divided and on the deeds, my half was bigger than what was actually fenced when it was measured. My seller has moved the fence so it is all legal, but she wont sign. She does not live there. It is rented out. Any ideas please? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
email ***@******.*** phone 01621 816975
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was due to exchange contracts yesterday. Did not happen as other freeholder won't sign. I am desperate and will be homeless in 2 weeks time. The flat I want to buy is empty. Money in place and mortgage. Would it be worth offering other freeholder a fee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT IS NOW 1025.PM AND NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME REGARDING THE QUERY I HAVE PAID FOR.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT IS NEARLY 48 HOURS SINCE I PUT IN MY REQUEST AND PAID YOUR FEE. I HAVE HEARD NOTHING. I GAVE MY PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS. ARE YOU GENUINE? IF I DON'T HEAR ANYTHING I SHALL BE INVESTIGATING
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry for the delayed response.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,