LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

My tenant breached a 12 month AST by abandoning the house without

Customer Question

My tenant breached a 12 month AST by abandoning the house without agreement from landlord. The tenancy they signed is regulated by the Housing Act 1988. Dies the landlord have a legal right to claim rent for the full term of the tenancy agreement? if so under what law?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.
Yes he can. This would be under the terms of the tenancy agreement. A breach of contract action in other words. Probably issued as a money claim in the small claims track.
https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under what section of law is this applicable to?
There is no particular section. It is the long established principles of contract law.