Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have joint house with my girlfriend, and the relationship

Customer Question

I have joint house with my girlfriend, and the relationship has broken down, she has never paid anything towards the mortgage or household bills in all the time (3 years) that we have been together, she left the house 3 months ago, but is now sending threats that she wants money from the house, I am willing to sell the house, but could you tell me what amount she is entitled to please. Many thanks David
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question.
Are you both listed on the title to the property?
If so, did you both execute a declaration of trust confirming your respective percentage interests in the property?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes both names are ***** ***** title of the property, I don't know about the declaration
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
The declaration would, for example, state you had "X" % of the property and she had "Y" percent. Do you remember both stating anything like this when you purchased the property?
Who contributed to the financing of the purchase of the property ?
Are there any children of the relationship?
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get back to you on this Thomas, there are some things I need to check many thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
No problem..