75100385

I have received a notice s21 informing me that that the

Hi I have received a notice s21 informing me that that the landlord requires possession of the property I rent, the notice states " let to you by an Agreement dated 6th March 2015", however the Agreement is dated 1st March 2015 and it was the tenancy that commenced on 6th March 2015.
As this is incorrect does this discrepancy make the notice void ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Sadly not. The court, if it came to it could correct and amend the notice. The intention is clear as to the notice. As such even if it was invalid it would only need to be reserved.
But it does not make the notice void. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In June 2012 I went to live with a friend who had mental health problems and found it difficult to manage on his own.

He promised me that if I took care of him and the house my pets and myself would always have a home in his house.

In the event of him dying before me he had made provision for me in his will.

To make me feel more secure we also had a house share agreement in place that expired in March 2015 at it's renewal my friend mistakenly replaced it with an AST.

Everything was fine until April 2015 when I started dating, he was clearly unhappy with me for having a boyfriend.

To my surprise early in May 2015 his relatives whom had very little contact with him turned up with the police to evict me.

It was only because of the AST that they were unable to evict me and it was as this point I noticed that the agreement was not a house share.

My friend is a wealthy man and such was his jealousy that he moved out when he realised I was not going to be evicted.

I now face having to find myself another home as the tenancy agreement expires in March 2016, this is not going to be easy for me because of my personal circumstances.

Do I have a case for breach of contract / promise?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Unlikely because this sort of promise would need to be written down, ie subject to contract.
I am sorry.