LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

Who owns which fence

Customer Question

who owns which fence
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am a lawyer with 20 year's experience. I would like to answer this but you need to give me more information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i live at*****b14 5ud birmingham.i do not know which side of the house is my fence for replacing
If you ar the home owner then your solicitor should have told you at the time of purchase. If you still have the papers from the purchase then it may be in there. If you are a tenant then it is probably not your problem.
One way to find out is to go the land registry website and look at the title plan. If there are T marks on the plan -that is a T shape touching the fence- hen the person whose T mark is on their property with the stem touching the wall has responsibility to fix that fence.
This link foe the land registry https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/search-the-register