75100385

Alex - I am case about adding 2 nd claimant . Also just

Hi Alex - I am case about adding 2 nd claimant . Also just had conference call with independent surveyor court ordered us to appoint and the 2 defendants . Half way through one of the dependents ( v bullying character ) insisted that she and her own surveyor attend when indep surveyor comes to inspect property on Thursday - presumably to continue to try and put her view ! Is she allowed to attend and with her surveyor and even talk to indep surveyor ? What steps should I take to protect my position ? Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did the court order that she could attend as well with her own surveyor? If not then the answer is no. She can attend because it's a joint report and you can both be there. But the other surveyor can't attend unless permitted by the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks can I check that if she follows the independent surveyor around or try to talk / harangue him should I say anything too - will the surveyor say this is not appropriate ? Can she bring her lawyer with her to add comment ? This bullying style is her trademark in other cases so need to know how to ensure surveyor stays independent and honours his brief ? I said originally I will leave you o inspect site of accident and subsequent repairs and not talk as I accept you are here as independent surveyor but is this a wrong tactic to take ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They can't comment - they can ONLY observe - nothing else. She can't say or or do anything.
Does this help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - something wrong with my phone so only got this now ! Guess you are off line but just wanted to finally ask if she starts talking should I remind surveyor she is not allowed to if he doesn't ? Will read your answer tomorrow and then pay / sign off till next question - prob after surveyor visit on Friday thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for helpn- till Friday !