Alice H, Solicitor
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
30932268

I recently purchased an apartment from auction. The

I recently purchased an apartment from auction. The information on the legal questions stated that the heating was in full working order. It was not. I have it in writing from the managing agents that the tenants had reported it faulty and assured me it was already in hand and would be mended before I completed on the purchase. It has cost me £280 to fix. Also in the information pack it stated a list of all the white goods including a fridge freezer. And stated rubbish would be cleared out prior to completion. The fridge freezer was not working and cost me £110 to repair. As this was included as white goods, surely it should have been working - if not it should have been excluded from the list and taken away as rubbish.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Do you have a question about this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes do I have a claim against the vendor to reimburse me these costs.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Based on the information you have given you do have a claim for breach of contract based on misrepresentation. I suggest you right to the seller setting out the full details of your claim and give them 14 days to reimburse you. If they fail to do that you can make a claim in the County Court under the small claims procedure. The Ministry of Justice has an online portal for such claims which you can find at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk