75100385

I sold a car on eBay but the seller doesn't want to go

I sold a car on eBay but the seller doesn’t want to go through with the deal. eBay refuses to provide me with the name and address of the winning bidder so I can’t sue them. Can I force eBay to do so or can I sue eBay? They claim they are not involved in the transaction but by withholding the information they are effectively involved.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You can't sue Ebay, it's not your fault the buyer won't go through with it. However you would seek a court order to ask Ebay to disclose the details. They can't do it without a court order as it would be a breach of the data protection act
But you can seek a court order against Ebay for disclosure and they would have to provide it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.  Please do not forget!  Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/