Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

My Mother died on the 6th November and in her will she left

Customer Question

My Mother died on the 6th November and in her will she left £50000.00 to my sister if the shop she has left to Caroline was still open at the time of her death in order to help the business.
The shop has now been closed ,we are expecting to get probate by May.
The Will is quite specific that this money was for the future running of the shop but now it is closed is my sister still entitled to the £50000.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstFor clarity - the words were "open at the time of my death" - is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is correct
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then I am afraid that your sister is still entitled to that one despite the fact that the shop is now closed because it was open at the time of your mother's death.
The fact that it will not be used for the purpose it was provided is not relevant.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details