Alice H, Solicitor
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 20+ years legal experience
30932268

I have a question on a housing disrepair matter. my local

hi i have a question on a housing disrepair matter.
my local authority is the landlord. i had a leak caused by their workmen that took 3 years to repair. i went through all the correct procedures to try to resolve. i had to get a solicitor to help they did manage to get them to make progress so the repairs were completed my whole property had to be redecorated. i am now claiming damages. my solicitor had to be let go due to their poor service. i am now representing my self. the landlord made a without prejudice offer very low.my question is how do i turn down the offer in a legal way, and how do i make an offer?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. How much is the offer and what are you hoping you obtain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
through my research and solicitor advice i hope to obtain not more than £21,000 not less than £13.000 they offered £4.768 plus£1000 good will gesture. Although there was no admittance of what the payment offer is for it was just 'for your disrepair matter we offer you...' they are giving 25%of my rent back for 3yrs
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
OK and have you provided the landlord with all the reports / evidence you have in support of your claim? Is this the first offer you have received?