Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Can I sell the house that I haven't completed on yet ?

Customer Question

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. You do not become the owner of the house until completion has taken place. This does not stop you, however, from having an arrangement in place to sell the house as soon as you've completed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks fr replying back,If it's a commercial building and you have exchanged and you issue another contract to another party before your own completion is that possible ?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I do not deal with commercial property. I will opt out so another lawyer experienced in these matters can help you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes, it is perfectly possible to issue a contract for the sale of the property which you have a contract in place to purchase. This is the position with the commercial property you have exchanged contracts upon. You do not have to wait until the sale is completed before you can issue a contract for the sale of the property to someone else. It is perfectly permissible to have a contract in place for the sale of your commercial property before you have completed the purchase of it.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question.