Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Our neighbours have requested shared access to the rear of

Customer Question

Our neighbours have requested shared access to the rear of our property after they have had an extension. Could this devalue our property?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat exactly have they asked for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically, they have extended their property to the maximum edge of their boundary, leaving them with no access to the rear of their property unless they use ours,(to which they removed the fence to enable the works). Now they have requested if they can leave the fence down so that they can access the rear of their property using our ground. They have not or did not comply with the party wall act, (when digging their foundations within 2 meters of our foundations, did not inform building reg's local authority or inform us of their intentions ). We have no wish to fall out with them, but we would like to know what sort of detrimental average % may this have on the value of our property in the case of shared access?