Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Do the dates on a land registry deed confirm ownership from

Customer Question

Do the dates on a land registry deed confirm ownership from the dates on the deed. Or when money or given as a gift was exchanged. My parent has passed on. the only date I have is on the land registry deed dated 2009. Should this be declared as a gift or cash exchange on the Land Registry deed
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstI am not sure i actually understand exactly what it is you wish to know.The date on the Land Registry record is the date when the property was transferred from one party to another in whatever circumstances - whether or not there isa sale or it is a gift.I am not sure that this answers your specific query - if not then please let me knowClare