75100385

I am a Director of a small limited Company ( a block of flats

Customer Question

I am a Director of a small limited Company ( a block of flats ) The only income being the Maintenance Charge, and outgoings restricted to Costs of running the Block . One of the Shareholders, who has one Flat (leasehold ), has not paid the maintenance charge for 3 years, despite a number of reminders, and has not made any contact for that time. We know he has a tenant in the Flat. What action can we take?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What does the amount owed come to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
££1720.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know whether we can foreclose on the lease, and seek recovery from his mortgage provider, if so how can I obtain the name of this provider. Should the land registry know of this blatant disrespect disregard of responsibilities?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
This is more of a property law matter than I first thought so I will move it to the relevant category and someone there should hopefully pick it up as soon as they are available. Please do not reply in the meantime as it will just assign the quesiton back to me. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have you approached his mortgage company yet please?
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure where we are in terms of your service. You asked if we had approached the mortgage co. The answer is ..... No. I/we are awaiting advice. I would be quite keen to discuss over the phone. I understand this is a well trodden path , and should not require too much time?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a number we can chat on?Alex