Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I'm selling a property via two estate agents (Chelsea Square

Customer Question

I'm selling a property via two estate agents (Chelsea Square and Hunters) as well as by myself using EMoov (they're an online agent where I keep 100% of the sale - I don't pay agency sale fees to them, just £500 upfront). If I manage to sell the property via Emoov will I be exposing myself to paying the other agency fees? Both agents have agreed to a joint sale between each other but aren't factoring my sale with EMoov in, which would technically make it a multiple agency sale. Both agencies have promised me via an email that they would only take a few if they directly introduced the purchaser to the property, or via their marketing of the property. Will this email suffice to ensure that I don't sell it myself then get asked for their fee because they've got their marketing agency for sale board outside?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to sell the property as quickly as possible. However if I manage to sell it I don't want the other two agents I've employed to take a few of up to £50k for a sale I entirely arranged.
Both agents have confirmed via email that they won't take a fee unless they introduce the buyer to the property. I don't trust them. Will their email suffice or do I need something written by them into the agreement I sign confit sing that they will only take a fee if they sell it?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What do the terms and consider say about the trigger for an agency commission please?