Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

My business partner has been served with a repossession

Customer Question

My business partner has been served with a repossession order his my home and he and his family are due to be evicted on 28th. February. He has been onto the council and they are unable to home them and he is unable to rent privately because he has a poor credit history and cannot find a guarantor. Also he has an 11 year old daughter.He is due to receive sufficient funds from a court settlement which will pay off all of the arrears on 29th.February. On the 1st. March I will owe them £12700 which I shall have but the mortgage company refuse to wait one further day. They are harassing him and his family and have been coming round to measure up his home and sending threatening letters every day.Is there anyway I can have this repossession order delayed so that I have the money to pay them?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Do you have evidence of the incoming funds please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex:
I am trying to get hold of my business partner to ask him if it would be ok for you to call him because he has all the information at his fingertips and it would be better than us having a lengthy discussion by email. Please bear with me whilst I try to locate him.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex:I have spoken with my business partner and he would like to take up your offer of a telephone conversation. He asked me to ask you if you can do this tomorrow because as he is out on site and his mobile is in constant use, the battery is almost dead today. If that is ok with you tell me what I need to do to get you speaking with him.Thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Once you are ready accept the offer and dont forget to leave me a contact number.Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Do you want to get a Solicitor to send a letter or something more urgent to stop the work please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex:Good morning. I just wanted to see if you are available this morning to speak to my business partner about his potential repossession problem? If you are then I shall send you his telephone number and accept your offer of a live telephone discussion.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am Alex