Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
12609314

I want to buy a small strip of land from my next door

I want to buy a small strip of land from my next door neighbour approx 7 feet wide and 9 feet long - how do I go about it - they are interested in selling it
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
you do not want 2 estate agents, one on each side ( self interest) arguing about the value.Agree with your neighbour you will select a local and respected estate agent to set a value and abide by it.Both of you should be able to put representations about why it is worth less than they think or more you think.I hope this helps , if there a are further points please reply I will be happy to respond.Best wishesMichael