75100385

There is a building plot next to us which is up to slab level.

There is a building plot next to us which is up to slab level. The person developing the plot has been told by their scaffolding company that they will need access to our garden etc to erect some of the scaffold on. Do they have any legal rights regarding this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear, this is a new build and not repair of an existing property?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New build.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. In that case the law says you do NOT need to give permission. If it was an existing structure and it was for repair etc then yes under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act 1992 you would have been required to give access.But this does NOT apply to new builds so you do not have to. You can refuse and there is nothing they can do.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex, that is all.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luckAlexIf this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/