75100385

Ive lived in a property in july the landlord

Customer Question

ive lived in a property for 10years in july the landlord abandoned this property after about 3 months of me moving in due to our neighbour caused our house to flood as he had capped of our sewage pipe the house needed loads of working doing to it he asked me to sign the insurance papers which is what i did then afer that he didnt come and do the works the enironmental health issued him loads of warning but he stil didnt respond since then my housing benefit gets paid to me which i have to use to maintain this property as we no longer have any contact details for this landlord is there anyway this house would become mine and if so how do i go about sorting it out ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have you claimed adverse possession via the Land Registry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i havent how do i do that ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - you need to complete some forms and send them to the Land Registry.Please see here:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/adverse-possession-of-registered-land/practice-guide-4-adverse-possession-of-registered-landDoes that help?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so do i have to wait till july before i submit these docuements and what are my chances
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Chances are very good!Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what if the landlord opposes the request
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Then your claim for adverse possession will fail - but if he has abandoned it, may just not be interested.