Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have a title deed plot of land currently used as an

I have a title deed for a plot of land currently used as an allotment site which is run by the Honeymead Garden Society, the deed list the owners as 4 individuals (named on the deed) as trustees of the society,
Does this mean that those individuals actually own the land even if they are no longer involved with the society, if not does the society need to get these names changed on the deed
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.The 4 names on the Deed are there merely as Trustees of the Society, and as Trustees, they hold the land on behalf of the Society and none of them are therefore the legal owners in their own rights.If one or more of these people are no longer members/Trustees of the Society, the Land Registry entries should be updated by the Society preparing the necessary application.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Hi,Can I assist you any further?Kind RegardsAl
Hi,Please let me know if I can assist you any further. Kind RegardsAl