75100385

My shorthold tenancy on a 3 bed house ends on 23 nov 16 but

Customer Question

my shorthold tenancy on a 3 bed house ends on 23 nov 16 but i wish to end it end of april the landlords agent has found a tenant who has 3 children who is suitable in their opinion but the landlord is not happy due to the number of children - I have two and have been here 28 months
their is a clause in the agreement whereby the landlord/agents written consent is required and will not unreasonably bewithheld
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What would you like to know about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the landlord able to reject the tenant that has been found by his agent on the grounds that there will be one more child residing in the property which has 3 double bedrooms
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No, because that is not reasonable. Assuming the Council (Housing Dept) would have no issue with it, that is your main test - the Landlord can't refuse.It really depends on the childrens ages, as when they are older they will need their own rooms.But check for the local Councils guidance and this is a good measure.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?ALex