Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor holding an England and Wales practising Certificate.
28732269

How do i transfer ownership of my house to my father - there

How do i transfer ownership of my house to my father - there no mortgage involved; it is totally debt free?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Technically, there is no legal requirement to instruct a solicitor to arrange the transfer and registration of the transfer at Land Registry. However, there may be elements relating to your particular personal circumstances or the land registry registered title for the property which dictates that it would be prudent to instruct a solicitor. It should cost around £250-300 for a solicitor to do this for you.If you still wish to proceed in view of this then you can arrange it yourselves if you wish You can download a copy of the register for your property from the land registry's search engine to find the title number :-http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/wps/portal/Property_SearchEnter the postcode for your property and if it is registered it will give you the option to download a copy of the register. You will have to draft a Transfer (form TR1) from you to your father (which you will both have to sign as a deed (ie. witnessed) and you can download the template form from the land registry's website. You will have to submit this to the land registry with their form AP1, this is also downloadable from the websiteby selecting from the "Forms" tab:-https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/land-registry-forms You will probably have some questions on completing the form but the land registry's customer support service are very helpful to lay persons. A fee will be required and you can also ask them about that. You will both also have to download an ID1 form from the above for each of you. Complete this then take it to a solicitor to certify for £10 and submit this with your AP1 application. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom