Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Can I put in a notice to quit without the permission of the

Can I put in a notice to quit without the permission of the other tenants? I am in a joint tenancy agreement with a 6 month break clause
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstCould you explain a little more about the background to your question please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a joint tenancy agreement with 4 other people. I have left the property and am looking to end the contract, I have researched and found that I can possibly put a notice to quit. I have a 12 month contract with a 6 month break clause. The break clause comes in on March 14th. The other 4 tenants have obstructed me from subletting so my option now is to end the tenancy but I was enquiring as to whether I can do this without their permission?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
That depends on the wording of the agreement and the clause - can you give them for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the tenancy agreement template, ours looks the same
http://www.olympiaestates.com/uploads/3/0/1/3/3013299/olympia_estates_ltd_-_tenancy_agreement_-_sample.pdf
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Okassuming that it is indeed the same yes you can give Notice yourself that is binding on the others - but if they do not move out then you are equally liable for ehe costs of the default - which could be large!Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean by costs of the default?
And how am i best to put in a notice to quit?