Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

1. Can ‘Party Wall Awards' be registered on the Deeds of the

Customer Question

1. Can ‘Party Wall Awards’ be registered on the Deeds of the Building Owner?
2. In an existing boundary wall are two alcoves, which land encompassed has been in my possession for over thirty years but assumed by the adjoining owner still to be within his curtilage. I understand I have the ‘Right of Possession’, after twelve years: if this is so:-
(a). Is it necessary/advisable to register the variation with the Land Registry?
(b). If I sell my property does the ‘Right’ still exist?
Will be most grateful to receiving your answers.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.You mention the Party Wall Awards- have you and your neighbour ever entered into a Party Wall Agreement?Al
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,[three since 2010], with my current 'neighbour' who are developers, virtually completed building works in 2014 and put up for sale seven flats. None are sold or occupied. A final assessment of damage caused to my property has yet to be carried out by the appointed surveyors inhibiting me having any maintenance or re-decorating works carried out. My Surveyor seems unable to get a mutually convenient meeting arranged with the other Surveyor.
This is the reason for my first question.
Peter G.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'm in my mid-eighties and find it difficuit to hear clearly on the phone.
Re: 1. Can ‘Party Wall Awards’ be registered on the Deeds of the Building Owner? surely this is a YES or NO. question;
perhaps you could find someone to answer my second question re: concerning the Land registry.Kind regards,
Peter E. Goodall
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due to your inability [Just Answers] to give any answers to my questions find your service unsatisfactory and a waste of money. Certainly do not wish you to continue to search but thank you Nicola for your endeavours.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I understand and apologise. We do offer a refund so you will not waste your money!
Please let me know if you would like me to process that for you.