75100385

I have been renting a flat 2 months, with a one year

I have been renting a flat for now 2 months, with a one year contract. The issue I have is that there is no phone line neither broadband. What should I do? What I am allowed to claim from my landlord?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Was one advertised or included in the contract agreement for the property please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was not clearly specified, but the landlord had to include the Fixtures and Fittings in the Premises including all items specified in the Inventory and Schedule of Condition.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
ok. Does it include in the fixtures and fittings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
“Fixtures and Fittings” include reference to the fixtures, fittings, furniture, effects, floor, ceiling or wall coverings, and equipment and appliances belonging to the Landlord.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So is the socket there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switches and sockets more precisely.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The landlord isn't responsible for a phone line or broadband unless it's included in the lease. If you want broadband you could get one and see if a provider will do a short contract. if not, you could get a dongle or mifi.But sadly unless it was agreed the landlord is not liable.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex