Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Can my landlord change my tenancy to a joint tenancy without

Customer Question

Can my landlord change my tenancy to a joint tenancy without my permission?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. The landlird cannot change the tenancy without your permission. The landlord can put forward a new tenancy agreement when your previous one expires though, but you will need to sign it. Hi, thanks for your question. Yes, you will need to be frank about the loan, but this is unlikely to impact the settlement as you are liable to pay this back (for example if she attempts to obtain a share of it, then you can equally counter stating that she should also be repaying the loan). Please provide a positive rating if you found this information helpful. I will not be credited with answering this question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.