75100385

I have a tenancy agreement that states it is months.

Customer Question

I have a tenancy agreement that states it is for six months. However the agent miscounted and the end date shown at the end of the agreement is one month late making it a seven month period.
Which length overrules? The date typed in error or the statement on the front that it is for six months
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Does the bit on the front say this agreement runs from X date to Y date?Is the date In the agreement signed? Does the agreement say it's six months?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front says "The landlord lets to the tenant for a period of 6 months from 1 November 2015 and including the 31st may 2016"This is seven months.The contract was a renewal and it has not been signed. My initials appear on each page but there is no signature at the end of the document. By chance we never got round to signing it
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
its clearly a mistake. The intention was for six month and that is all you are liable for.The term is clearly six months and just been miscalculated.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex