75100385

My husband has an employee who has changed the business

Customer Question

Hi, my husband has an employee who has changed the business premises lease into his own name and now threatening to evict my husband so that the employee can start his own business using the reputation and location of my husbands company! Only found out about this today and not sure how to resolve this. Any advice much appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband has evidence of fraudulent activity and theft from the business. He would like to remove the employee and retain the premises. Can he enforce the lease is changed to the business name or does the employee have a right the lease even when he changed it without the business owners knowledge?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.How did he change it please? I assume your husband is still paying the rent?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the property ownership transferred to a new landlord and in this process the employee has put his name on the agreement instead of the business name or my husbands name as owner, he has now announced that he wishes to split the business service offering and take part of this and has threatened my husband that he either allows this to happen or he will evict him! We are very shocked!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No rent has been paid yet to the new landlord as far as I am aware.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I can't chat on the phone as I have all 3 children with me today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, is anyone assisting me?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was just on a conference call. Has your husband spoken to the owner about the true tenant? Has your husband been paying the true Landlord?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband will be calling the new landlord on Monday morning to try and correct it but is keen to change the locks on the premises and dismiss the employee affective immediately as he is concerned that the employee will commit further theft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No rent has been paid to the new landlord yet.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would agree. He should speak with the Landlord and call the Police. This is FRAUD. He could be arrested and sent to prison for this.He can also seek a court order to have the lease transferred into his own name.He would need to complete form N1:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdfThe court would send a copy to the employee and list the matter for hearing.The court would then decide whether to transfer the lease.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The rating was accidental my son clicked it
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is there something else you need to know about this pleaseAlex