75100385

The property next door to me has recently been purchased

Customer Question

Hi, the property next door to me has recently been purchased by new tenants, i am on the right of the house, they have cut down and removed the hedge row and trees between the houses without informing me, can they do this. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Who owns the land please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a tenant and the owner of this property which consists of 3 separate flats is a private landlord, i reside in the bottom flat which directly looks onto the new tenants property next to the house i reside in, they are property developers and have plans to make the house into flats.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The land which the trees have been cut down, who owns that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know whether the trees, hedges belongs to the new tenants as they formed a boundary between the 2 houses and as i mentioned the house i live in, the hedges, trees were to the right of the house i rent, as there were no boundary walls, fencing just the hedges, trees.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - if it is THEIR boundary then yes they can do this.If it is your boundary or a shared boundary then no they can NOT do this.So you really need to check. I would speak to the landlord/freeholder - it may be that they need to take actionBut as to whether they can do this, really depends on who that land is owned by.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex