Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Conveyancing I am paralegal. I an dealing with a "Right to

Conveyancing
I am paralegal. I an dealing with a "Right to Buy" a residential property. I am acting for the purchaser.
Is the conveyancing process the same as an ordinary conveyance in terms of :
1. Pre Exchange
2. Exchange.
3. Pre Completion
4. Completion
5. Post Completion?
I am confused in that the Housing Association states that it will not reply to any requistions.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,With Right to buy Transactions, Contracts are dispensed with. The Council/Housing Group will instead merely send you the Title and a draft Transfer, which is in a set format and no amendments are allowed.Once your client is read to proceed, you will just get them to sign the Transfer, and then agree a completion date with the Council.So, it goes- pre-completion, completion, post completion.I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.Kind RegardsAl
Hi Ian,Can I assist you any further? Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Al

Thank you very much for this.

So am I right in saying that I need not do any pre exchange searches?

Hi Ian,Even though the Housing Association won't be giving you replies to any enquiries (as your client will of course be living in the property), it is still best to advise the client to have the standard searches done- if they are having a Mortgage, you will have to put in hand the searches.If they are paying cash, you should write to them and advise that you do the normal searches, and it is then up to them to decide whether they want them doing, bearing in mind they will have been living at the property for X amount of years.I hope this helps.Kind RegardsAl