75100385

We have a tenancy set up where the deposit cash bond was paid

Customer Question

we have a tenancy set up where the deposit cash bond was paid by a charity who instructed that the tenant must not be given access to the deposit, we have held the deposit in accordance with the charities instruction what is the situation regarding the need to register tenant deposits
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.For now please let me know what type of tenancy they have? Is it an assured shorthold?ALex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes assured shorthand tenancy - the deposit was paid by British Legion and not by the tenant
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you MUST protect it. That is a legal requirement. if you do not then you can be sued x3 the deposit by the tenant.You MUST protect it.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex