75100385

Dispute lack of dishwasher We have a tenant that agreed

Dispute lack of dishwasher
We have a tenant that agreed to take a property without initially viewing it internally and the dishwasher was not included in advertising.
Four days later he asked the nature work the landlord was carrying out at the property where he was incorrectly informed the dishwasher was being replaced when in fact it was being removed however he had already agreed to take the property.
He know wants compensation for the lack of dishwasher ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Was it a term of the tenancy?Was the dishwasher there when he moved in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
expert gone offline
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to give me the information above? Was it a term of the tenancy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry 12 months, and the dishwasher was not their at the start of the tenancy though he was expecting one.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - then if its not in the tenancy and the tenant had signed it before he was told there would be one, there is nothing he/she can do.Its not a term of the tenancy. If they were told before they signed it there would be one, then you would be liable for nominal compensation (5%-10% of monthly rent).Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

he had agreed to take the property 4 days before the dishwasher was discussed though it had been mentioned prior to signing the ast a dishwasher was going to be replaced instead of removed ?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes then it either needs to go in or some nominal reduction in rent. It would have formed part of the express terms of the agreement (ie verbal)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, 5-10% of the rent that an awful lot for a non-essential ?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
That was for example. there is figure set it stone by law.You make a commercial decision on this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?Alex