75100385

The hedge running down centre of the garden neighbour is cutting

The hedge running down centre of the garden neighbour is cutting back on their side which I accept they can do. But is making big holes on my side and can now see through into their garden can they do this to the level it affects my privacy.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know who owns the hedge or whether it is joint?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's unclear on deeds so likly joint boundary according to land registry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have cut half of it and requested they dont cut the other half the same but her response on answerphone was she was going to and they are there today .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If its joint then no, they can not do this as you and they own the hedge.If they own the hedge then yes, they can do this. It is their hedge, they can even remove it.But you need to know who owns it for the answer above.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My understanding is that if a hedge encroaches on a neighbours property they can cut the part on there property ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If its joint then you both own it. They can trim it of course, but they can't do anything that would destroy it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to be fair it's laurel and her argument is it will grow back buts it's now waiting for it to grow and me being able to see into there property and now having to buy screening to give some cover.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. If they destroy it and its joint then that is criminal damage. If they own it the they can do what they want. They can remove the whole thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neighbour accepts it's joint as she offers to get quote for fence and for us to jointly purchase it but don't want this..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay will try and speak to her again to try and prevent the rest of the hedge being cut to that level.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - that would be the answer, but if she damages or destroys it, that is damaging your property.it can be trimmed, but not damaged.Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes think so thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck!Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if you can still answer as returned home today and they have cut rest of hedge . Where can I go to report criminal damage
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The Police. But you need to make sure its either YOURS or a JOINT hedge
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please dont forget to rate my answer so I am paid and best of luck with this.ALex