75100385

We are going to replace the left hand side, which

Customer Question

Hello , We are going to replace the left hand side, which is our side and the end of the garden with new fencing, our neighbour has put new fencing at the end of his garden and 1 panel down the left hand side as well, he's told us he does not like our fence and has said he will continue with his fence the rest of the way down leaving a small gap between the two fences , which will cause all sorts of problems such as dampness, weeds , leaves and leave us unable to maintain it. Please could you advise us on how we stand legally.
Thankyou
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Just to be clear he is putting his new fence on his land?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes on his land.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He wants to put his fence in his garden after we told him about the fence we were intending to put in our garden leaving about a 2inch gap .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
it's bad news then, there is nothing whatsoever you can do.The neighbour is entitled to put a fence up on his land if he wishes, there is nothing you can do.I realise the difficulties this can cause but you can't stop the neighbour putting a fence up in their own land, after all it is their land.I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/